Environmental Policy Statement
JHK and Associates Pty Ltd (JHK) acknowledges our responsibility to the environment, and JHK expresses their commitment towards implementing practices which will promote environmental sustainability. We take our responsibility seriously to care for and to protect the environment in which we operate, and we are committed to improving environmental performance across our business activities, and we encourage our business partners and team members to share that commitment.
JHKA recognises that our key impacts are in the areas of:
- Sustainable design for new structures
- Raw materials and renewable materials use required for designs
- Energy usage,
- Raw material and consumables usage in the office,
- CO2 emissions through use of motor vehicles and travel
- Water use
JHK is committed to minimising the impact of our activities on the environment with a focus on the conservation of resources and the reduction of waste.
We are committed to the following key activities to achieve this:
- Implementation of operating practices, through policies and procedures, to minimise adverse environmental impacts and risk of pollution and environmental harm through our actions, and management review of related objectives and outcomes,
- Communication and training centred around our environmental policy and related procedures,
- Continual improvement through training and adoption of new and/ or improved technology
- Compliance with applicable legislation and regulatory requirements governing the environment,
- Compliance with industry Codes of Practice, and actively look for ways to improve on these guidelines,
- Waste Management Activities:
-To achieve conservation of energy, water and resources in all our daily operations, including steps to minimise waste through efficient use of all materials and inputs
-To promote recycling both internally, within the office space, and amongst team members, clients and suppliers for their activities outside of the office
-To dispose of waste thoughtfully, and promote an attitude of "reducing, recycling and reusing."
JHK seeks to minimise our environmental impact by:
- Purchasing environmentally-friendly products and services - only using sustainable or recycled products where possible
- Implementing environmental controls for site visits/ inspections including taking waste out, having spillage procedures/ plans,
- Striving to better understand both the direct and indirect impact that our practices may have on the environment.
- Promoting appropriate re-use and recycling of materials in fabrication and construction activities and disposal of waste through appropriately licensed waste operators.
- Seeking to incorporate principles of sustainability in all our design activities, such as reuse and recycling of materials, centralised pre-fabrication to reduce risk associated with less-controllable local environmental conditions which can increase risk of local harm, etc.